As the summer heats up so do our bodies. Heat can create all sorts of uncomfortable symptoms in your body like insomnia, anxiety, agitation leading to anger and restlessness to name a few. I wanted to share with you a summer recipe to help keep the heat at bay and keep your body in balance. Watermelon is a great food to help cool down your body. FYI, if you chew on the white part of the rind the bitterness will cool you down even more. I first tasted this recipe when a good friend of mine and holistic chef, Pam Little, made it at a potluck and I loved it. Enjoy!
- 2 avocado’s pitted and cubed
- 2 limes juiced
- 1/2 red onion peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 to 2 pounds of watermelon seeded and cut into small cubes
- 2 Tbs of extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 bunch of cilantro chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
In large bowl, add cubed avocado. Cover with lime juice and add red onion, watermelon and cilantro. Drizzle with olive oil, add salt and pepper and toss.